Pleasure

©     Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.

©     Give me books, fruit, French wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors, played by someone I do not know. I admire lolling on a lawn by a water-lilied pond to eat white currants and see goldfish: and go to the fair in the evening if I'm good. There is not hope for that --one is sure to get into some mess before evening.

©     God whispers in our pleasures, but shouts in our pain.

©     You are quaffing drink from a hundred fountains: whenever any of these hundred yields less, your pleasure is diminished. But when the sublime fountain gushes from within you, no longer need you steal from the other fountains.

©     Work is often the father of pleasure.
©     A life of pleasure makes even the strongest mind frivolous at last.

©     Pleasure is sweeter as recreation than as a business.

©     To find recreation in amusement is not happiness.

©     It is within the experience of everyone that when pleasure and pain reach a certain intensity they are indistinguishable.

©     Physical pleasure is a sensual experience no different from pure seeing or the pure sensation with which a fine fruit fills the tongue; it is a great unending experience, which is given us, a knowing of the world, the fullness and the glory of all knowing. And not our acceptance of it is bad; the bad thing is that most people misuse and squander this experience and apply it as a stimulant at the tired spots of their lives and as distraction instead of a rallying toward exalted moments.
©     Pleasure may come from illusion, but happiness can come only of reality.

©     He is incapable of truly good action who finds not a pleasure in contemplating the good actions of others.

©     We all try to escape pain and death, while we seek what is pleasant

©     I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.

©     When pleasure interferes with business, give up business
©     Everyone is dragged on by their favorite pleasure

©     I find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.

©     Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.

©     Even the worse of jobs has their pleasures, if I were a grave digger or a hangmen, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment.

©     As clouds are blown away by the wind, the thirst for material pleasures will be driven away by the utterance of the Lord's name.

©     Pleasure is the object, duty and the goal of all rational creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best 20 Love Failure Quotes - 1

I felt a great emptiness without him, I will miss him the rest of my life. Tonight I can write the saddest lines I loved her, and sometime...