Winter

  • Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. 
  • In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
  • When all the world appears to be in a tumult, and nature itself is feeling the assault of climate change, the seasons retain their essential rhythm. Yes, fall gives us a premonition of winter, but then, winter, will be forced to relent, once again, to the new beginnings of soft greens, longer light, and the sweet air of spring.
  • And finally Winter, with its bitin', whinin' wind, and all the land will be mantled with snow. 
  • People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
  • Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the close of a winter day. 
  • People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy. 
  • The winter solstice has always been special to me as a barren darkness that gives birth to a verdant future beyond imagination, a time of pain and withdrawal that produces something joyfully inconceivable, like a monarch butterfly masterfully extracting itself from the confines of its cocoon, bursting forth into unexpected glory. 
  • But I do feel a little teeny right now that I'm just about ready to start, and winter is entering. Half past autumn has arrived. 
  • O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?
  • The spring, summer, is quite a hectic time for people in their lives, but then it comes to autumn, and to winter, and you can't but help think back to the year that was, and then hopefully looking forward to the year that is approaching.
  • You can't get too much winter in the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best 20 Love Failure Quotes - 1

I felt a great emptiness without him, I will miss him the rest of my life. Tonight I can write the saddest lines I loved her, and sometime...